July 24, 2021, 01:35:23 am

News:

Moving to a new server

Sex's Guide on Classes

Started by Sex, July 05, 2016, 07:41:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sex

July 05, 2016, 07:41:18 pm Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 02:11:44 pm by Sex
This is my personal opinion and any feedback is welcome!
This is just to help people who are starting out and to give them information about classes before they choose. This is mostly for solo-play grinding.

My in-game name is sex, should you need to find me in game.

Solo-play[spoiler]

Early Game
Assassin / Warrior / Paladin / Hunter / Mage / Priest
Early game mobs do barely any damage, meaning squishy classes can survive and farm faster: Assassin. However classes like Mage / Hunter / Paladin have "cooldowns" making their attacks slow and less effective. (Hunter has to draw their bow and Paladin has "cooldown" on their click attack). As for priest... I don't think I have to say anything.

Mid Game
Warrior / Paladin / Mage / Assassin / Hunter / Priest
In mid game, monsters and dungeons make it hard for squishy classes to grind alone. Jobs like priest, hunter, assassin can do well in grouped plays, but fall harshly in solo grinds. This is where classes that are tanky excel and farm multiple mobs at once. Mage is decently high on the list due to their range and huge burst of damage, allowing fast kills so they don't take much damage.

Late Game
Coming soon
I need some additional information to come to completion. I need to know if lifesteal works on mage and other classes like priest.
I found out lifesteal works for all jobs with click attacks (not skills). But seeing how mages still use skills way more often to kill, they don't benefit much from it.
But assassin for first place seems to be clear due to high dps and very good synergy with lifesteal.
I still need more information as I'm not in late game...

PS. Like mentioned above, this is my personal opinion AND this is looking at solo plays. Priest and Paladin ranks a lot higher in team play. Priest for obvious reasons and paladin has "taunt" and heal as well.
[/spoiler]

Team-play
[spoiler]
This suggests the player will be grinding/bossing/dungeons with others more than half the logged-in time

Coming soon
[/spoiler]

Jalau

Lifesteal works on every main weapon hit. The class does not matter.

Sex

Quote from: Jalau on July 06, 2016, 09:33:14 am
Lifesteal works on every main weapon hit. The class does not matter.

Ahh I see, thank you for the information!

FreeWill

When you're talking about solo farming, its not suppose to be easy to farm solo (especially for support classes) because this is a MMORPG; thus teamwork is crucial in game. You might say that you're a solo player and you have no friends, but the point of a MMORPG is that you make friends and get connected with the community. Therefore, you will never be alone and someone might be there to help and guide you. In this case this is my view, but many like you may disagree and differ from my thoughts.
Only through loss and pain, will we be able to trudge forward and achieve greatness! Greatness that knows no boundaries-- That has no end-- That has everything to gain and nothing to lose.

For a mediocre man to beat a genius; he has to become a demon.

Sex

Quote from: FreeWill on July 07, 2016, 06:01:59 am
When you're talking about solo farming, its not suppose to be easy to farm solo (especially for support classes) because this is a MMORPG; thus teamwork is crucial in game. You might say that you're a solo player and you have no friends, but the point of a MMORPG is that you make friends and get connected with the community. Therefore, you will never be alone and someone might be there to help and guide you. In this case this is my view, but many like you may disagree and differ from my thoughts.

I understand where you are coming from, but the reason why I stated that this was solo guide (both in the beginning and the end) is because I find it hard to call this game MMORPG YET. I do dungeons and bossing with others on the server, but when it comes to grinding, some people do not want to grind more than an hour with you, and at certain time periods, I see my self as the only one logged in for hours. I have high hopes for this server, it's the reason behind my guides. I want people who are just starting to stay and hopefully have a bigger community soon. But as of now, I find it hard to team-play all day. Just yesterday, I was logged in for a good 6~8 hrs, and in that time range, I was only able to boss/dungeon/grind with others for 1 hr. Why? Because that was the only time when people in my level range was on OR there was just no body on.

But I have seen people who did not level once for two days straight because they like to grind/play with their friends and others. And you are right, MMORPG is for teamwork and socializing. So I will create an additional list for team-play class list as well.

Thank you for your feedback.

xEch0

Just wanted to say, thanks for this guide, and thanks for putting time into this for us n00bs (aka me) I found this server on the DR reddit, and registered an account for this forum. I feel like this server could be really good, and looking at the world so far, I feel it has lots of potential to overtake WC and DR in the world of minecraft mmos. Congrats, server debs for making such a promising mmo and thanks to you to make guides that help players that are interested in it that have just started.
Leader of Echoes of Aurya (EA) 2+ Years

Jalau

Quote from: xEch0 on July 24, 2016, 04:51:02 pm
Just wanted to say, thanks for this guide, and thanks for putting time into this for us n00bs (aka me) I found this server on the DR reddit, and registered an account for this forum. I feel like this server could be really good, and looking at the world so far, I feel it has lots of potential to overtake WC and DR in the world of minecraft mmos. Congrats, server debs for making such a promising mmo and thanks to you to make guides that help players that are interested in it that have just started.

Thanks for this good feedback. We are constantly working on making the server better. But sadly a good concept, map etc. takes some time and we want to take our time to make it as good as possible.

And thanks for this guide Sex. This definitely will help new players.