October 22, 2020, 08:43:19 pm

News:

Moving to a new server

[Content Developer] - Talanthas

Started by mathweev, April 30, 2018, 03:48:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mathweev

IGN: Talanthas

Do you have TS3/Skype/a working mic? I seem to possess it all ???

Why do you want to join us? I have always been fascinated by the sheer potential that the server has, and so my main reason for joining is to help realize even if just a tiny part of it. My motivation for doing so being also that I am a diehard RP fan in general as well as honestly being furious upon realizing how little has been done towards increasing the base growth of our playerbase even when faced with the hard fact that only a minority of new players even get to finish the tutorial before leaving forever (I had to get this out there).

As such, my main issue in wanting to be a staff member is to work firstly on giving the players a grounds for playing the server in the first place. We've got a product, but zero marketing inside the game itself has been done towards the actual product, so to speak. In this case, the many concepts and ways that the server works with are not even explained one bit to the player, resulting in a reduction down to only those curious enough to actually explore them on their own sadly.

Experience and previous work.
My experience in terms of concept developing as a whole can be narrowed down mainly to my infatuation with my local Larping group (I don't Larp anymore, however) which caused me to start working on both plots, stories and generally creating systems to put things into play. This of course also began my interests in proper development as a whole. Since then, I've been part of multiple Roleplay servers on minecraft and other games alike along with being staff member of various sorts in multiple areas. I was an event master and then GM (Basically leading all the event masters in doing plots, stories and lore) on the old Wayward Realms before it went down back in the beginning of 2015 (the server's owner has since made various other RP servers from what I understand from looking at enjin). Furthermore, I co-founded a short tale on the shattered realms, a server based upon the same concepts as Wayward upon agreement with said owner, but focused around a short tale of sorts, while only keeping the server open for about four months after creating a map, lore and a few cities with the main intention being that of making an actual story molded by the 200-odd participants to a great success in the remainder of the year upon the fall of Wayward. Besides all this, I actively write my own stories in danish (normally just a couple hours in the span of a month as of right now, however).

Timezone: GMT+1

When are you online the most: On evenings mainly.

How many hours a week will you be able to work with/for us? Currently that can be amounted to single-digits. However, once summer is upon us and my exams are done and over with, that number of hours available will only increase.

Do you agree that anything you build/create/code for our server belongs to our server alone, and that by giving it to us you are giving its ownership to us? Naturally  ;)

Anything else you want to add? As said above, I cannot work beyond the single-digit hours per week as I am simply too busy along with recovering from my Glandular Fever that still causes me to sleep many more hours per day than normally needed and reduced concentration when I try to do my schoolwork. So again, I cannot guarantee my work force as things stand in the following months. But whenever I have a moment to spare, I will happily crunch numbers, write as well as work on refining the server in general :)
Gathering Clouds

Jabberdrake

Hello there!

Wonderful application you've written, and with very down-to-earth and useful criticism to boot, which is most definitely appreciated.

Indeed, the introduction to the server can feel a bit barebones when taken into account the steep learning curve that the game requires - however, as we've been focusing on pushing the T3 update out to the public, we haven't given it much thought. It is still an important and wrongfully untouched aspect, no doubt.

As for your availabity, I'd say that isn't something to fret over - after all, we are all in exams at this time of the year, and, as long as you have the creativity and will to help, you'll do just fine! :D

Overall, I'd say that your balancing and polishing skills, as well as some others, may help us out immensely - it's a yes from me! :P
i have more likes than posts... how

AmbassadorArt

So you've actually gone and done this eh?  I for one would personally endorse you for this job, and SO well said about the tutorial and game mechanics for the newer folks, it's such an under-reported but critical issue!  If your speeches across the server chats and discord are any indication as to what kind of material you could bring to the team, support level for this 9001%

Hretha

This man saved me from cancer, would approve 10/10
Hoped that an assassin's jewel would pay for a healer's education.