November 28, 2020, 08:54:23 pm

News:

Moving to a new server

[Identifier Profession] Being able to reroll items.

Started by Kronomancer, October 15, 2017, 09:28:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Good Idea?

Great Idea, pretty much perfect. +1 support
Nice idea, but needs some tweaking (reply what and why below). +0.5 support
Meh, I don't really care. +0 support
Bad/Unbalanced, needs changes (reply what and why below). -0.5 support
Horrible idea. (but whyyyyy) -1 support

Kronomancer

October 15, 2017, 09:28:50 pm Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 02:53:34 am by Kronomancer
Right now identifying profession is practically useless, because most of the mid to high level mobs drop already identified items. My suggestion is, that if you have identifying profession, you can reroll item's stats if you have a certain identifying level and a certain amount of fairy dust. The upgrades, enchantments and gems will stay the same. To reroll an item (that was dropped already identified) the first time, you need to have 2 level of identifying higher than the item's level and have 8 normal/purified fairy dust, and second time rerolling you need to have 4 levels higher than the item's level and 16 normal/purified fairy dust and so on adding 2 levels and doubling the dust every time.
[spoiler]EXAMPLE:
You have 1 OG Weapon that was dropped being already identified. To reroll it you'll need to have Iden. level 22 and have 8 purified fairy dust. If you got the same/worse stats and want to reID it again you'll need identifying level 24 and have 16 fairy dust[/spoiler].
If the item was dropped unidentified then to reroll you need to identify it first then you'll need 1 more ID level and double the fairy dust (starting with 6).

The rerolled items will have the {Number Of Rerolls} icon in their name right after the upgrade count.

Sorry if this has any grammar or spelling errors, English isn't my native language

Chicken

I like the idea, but in my opinion it's a tad bit too overpowered. This would make the grind for a full set of perfect gear way too easy on this server in my opinion. Maybe it could work if their was a really expensive price..
I'm also not sure about the addition of 2 levels every time you upgrade it.

But overall, I like the concept, could definitely be added in the future.
Greetings stranger

AmbassadorArt

Interesting concept, and it would add more usefulness to Identifying because while it's definitely not useless, it doesn't really do much of anything special in terms of practicality and it seems limited to just being an extra step to use an item.  There's nothing that really differentiates an ID'd Item having benefits over just a regular drop, and I thought that was the point of the added Fairydust and profession leveling; to have ID'd items maybe have a higher cap for HP and Armor.

Something like this would give Identifying more of a worth, although I do think that the costs of rerolling would have to be quite a bit higher.  Overall though this is a nice post and I agree with multiple parts of it, and somewhere in the future I think some form of usefulness should be added to the Identifying part of the Alchemy profession.  This suggestion could fit that purpose.

Kronomancer

October 16, 2017, 02:56:10 am #3 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 02:57:46 am by Kronomancer
Quote from: AmbassadorArt on October 16, 2017, 01:09:54 am
Interesting concept, and it would add more usefulness to Identifying because while it's definitely not useless, it doesn't really do much of anything special in terms of practicality and it seems limited to just being an extra step to use an item.  There's nothing that really differentiates an ID'd Item having benefits over just a regular drop, and I thought that was the point of the added Fairydust and profession leveling; to have ID'd items maybe have a higher cap for HP and Armor.

Something like this would give Identifying more of a worth, although I do think that the costs of rerolling would have to be quite a bit higher.  Overall though this is a nice post and I agree with multiple parts of it, and somewhere in the future I think some form of usefulness should be added to the Identifying part of the Alchemy profession.  This suggestion could fit that purpose.
Quote from: Chicken on October 15, 2017, 09:40:49 pm
I like the idea, but in my opinion it's a tad bit too overpowered. This would make the grind for a full set of perfect gear way too easy on this server in my opinion. Maybe it could work if their was a really expensive price..

Changed up some numbers for fairy dust cost, is it good now? Also keep in mind that there is a chance that the item would get same or worse IDs, and then the fairy dust would be wasted, so it's somewhat balanced on itself being random.

Chicken

Quote from: Kronomancer on October 16, 2017, 02:56:10 am
Quote from: AmbassadorArt on October 16, 2017, 01:09:54 am

Quote from: Chicken on October 15, 2017, 09:40:49 pm

Changed up some numbers for fairy dust cost, is it good now? Also keep in mind that there is a chance that the item would get same or worse IDs, and then the fairy dust would be wasted, so it's somewhat balanced on itself being random.

The issue is, that the only people that will probably really be picky about this are the higher leveled players. And most of us, have stacks of (purified) fairy dust hoarded in our banks (a lot of us anyways).
Greetings stranger

Skullcatron

Why not give it a chance that the item can be destroyed? Let make it Black Desert Online style.
Leader of Stormbringer memes.

My emotions is as fragile as my ego.
please be very gentle with me.
you see, I am very very shy man.
Like so shy, I can beat the shy guys from Mario.