September 28, 2021, 07:28:36 pm

News:

Moving to a new server

[PMOD] Corrin49's Player Moderator Application - Rejected

Started by Corrin49, October 09, 2017, 09:43:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Corrin49

IGN: Corrin49 (I also commonly use SamusReturns)

Do you have TS3/Skype/a working mic?
I often use discord, and I'm willing to talk on voice chat. I also have a Skype account that I used to use, and if TS3 is preferred, I'm willing to use that.

Why do you want to join us? We want to know why you are choosing us over other options. At least 3 sentences.
Of the time I've spent on Mystic Runes, I've already been very impressed how a somewhat small community can be so lively at times. The players and staff that I've met all seem like very honest people that are here to help and have a good time. Although this isn't a very unique thing for someone to put in an application, I'd say it's fitting. This kind of ideal server is hard to come by sometimes, and I'd be happy to be a part of it. I think that I could help players and assist however I can, while having a great time doing it, which isn't easy to say with some communities.

Experience. Give us an idea of your previous experience. At least 3 sentences.

I've staffed on multiple game servers over the years. Most recently, I've staffed on a Pixelmon Generations server called Poke Meadows as an administrator. It is a fairly large server for it's kind, averaging around 50 players a day as of late. Before that, I staffed as a moderator on what I recall to be the biggest Terraria server called Saybrook's Planet, which shares a common MMORPG theme with Mystic Runes. And to sum it up without taking up the majority of my application, there was another Pixelmon server similar to Poke Meadows that I served as head admin on called Pixelmon Amethyst.

Timezone: EST/UTC -4

When are you online the most:
In my timezone, on the weekdays I'm typically on from around 3:00PM to at least 10:00PM, sometimes going later into the night. On weekends, I'm pretty much on from morning to late evening, so typically about 8:00AM to about 10:00PM-12:00AM, once again potentially carrying over later into the night.

How many hours a week will you be able to work with/for us?
Given that particular weekly schedule, I estimate I should be on for about 55 to 80 hours a week. I understand that the numbers I've given may seem like a lot, but I don't exactly have many real life obligations that I constantly have to take care of.

Do you agree that anything you build/create/code for our server belongs to our server alone, and that by giving it to us you are giving its ownership to us?

From reading this, it seems this question is more applicable to those applying for a more contributive position, such as the development team or a builder, but I think that it's similar in the fact that the time I volunteer to the server is not something I am directly compensated for, and that in doing so, I no longer "own" that time.

Anything else you want to add?

After posing the question of applying for staff with some people of the community, one statement made was that I might want to wait until I reach a higher level like 35 so I might more effectively assist those that want help with a high level quest for example. I've helped more than a few players with earlier quests because I'm so familiar with them, so because of this I understand the reasoning behind such a suggestion. However, overall I feel as though there's not much reason for me to wait for that as long as there are people I could help at all. I'm sure if someone wanted help with something I knew little about, I could count on other staff that are more well versed to handle that. I believe that there can be a safe distance between being a good and well managed staff member, and being an absolutely perfect jack-of-all-trades. While being a perfect person doesn't exactly sound bad, I think that it's understandable to be flawed.

I appreciate all time and consideration put into my application, and I plan to continue playing here regardless of the decision.

Lukrezia

Hi there Corrin49,

this is a really nice application and i am glad to hear you like our server. So thank you for the time and effort you put into your application! As you already mentioned, you don't have enough playtime or ingame experience to become a moderator so far. Give it some more weeks to get used to the server, the community and the team members and then reapply  :)

so until then:
Application Denied

~ Lukrezia