News:

Moving to a new server

Main Menu

Item Improvement: Destroy/Degrade/Success

Started by WorldHistory, April 14, 2017, 01:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WorldHistory

Hey guys, there is an unannounced update today featuring degrade and destroy when improving your item.

From +0 to +4, it's 100% success
From +5 to +7, it's 31% degrade, 69% success
From +7 to +9, it's 46% destroy, 20% degrade, 34% success

Note:
1. You get item improvement EXP regardless of the result
2. Risk v Reward: +8 and +9 items are more valuable, but beware of destruction!
3. There is only a 3.8% chance for continuous success from +5 to +9

Hretha

good thing we got alot of +9 stuff, kappa
Hoped that an assassin's jewel would pay for a healer's education.

Chicken

I personally doubt that this update will really benefit the server.
I believe that the degrade part of it is acceptable. However, if you want to upgrade your, lets say, PK armour or halloween legendaries. You'd have a chance of breaking it. I can imagine players rage quitting the server if they were to lose one of these items.

I believe the degrading part is fine, considering that it affect a lot, it just gives you a possibility in which you might have to grind more materials, which is by all means, not a problem.
Greetings stranger

Chicken

Quote from: StarDraco123 on April 14, 2017, 06:56:33 AM
I'd say for this to be a permanent feature the whole destroy idea would be scraped. Instead the item would be reset to +0, but the percents would be lowered. In addition to this as your upgrade level exceeds the level of the item being upgrade percents would be altered in favor of the player. The main problem I have with this concept, even my toned down version, is that upgrading items later on is quite a grind to obtain the materials and even upgrading levels. From what I have heard from WH the damage increase was not raised nor the cost/level required reduced. This generates the problem of the player grinding out these materials and levels to attempt to power up their gear to its fullest potential to only have the chance of being kicked in the face and starting back to square one.
Exactly that. If the destroy feature were to be permanent, you wouldn't even have square one anymore  :P
Greetings stranger

Jalau

I completely forgot about this change but it was rolled out during a patch yesterday to fix a game breaking bug. The feature hasn't been balanced that well yet and I agree that it might be quite annoying. We will wait for limespice to come back from his vacation to tackle this issue though. We were planning a protection thing anyway and what you guys missed is that the higher your profession level is above the item level the higher the success chance. AT least it should work that way :D

Jabberdrake

As Jalau, Chicken and Altered stated: the "destroy equipment" part is annoying and, honestly, it's bs. Would you honestly like to spend countless hours farming for legendaries and then just have them destroyed? This is unacceptable. However, as Jalau stated, this feature was rolled out to fix a game-breaking bug and, therefore, in the future, it may change. I agree with the degrading part but the destroying part, as I already stated, is just bad for the server and its growth, as many players will probably leave because of this.

Have a good day,
Jabberdrake.
i have more likes than posts... how

SumoFury

In my opinion the server was doing well the way it was you, guys found something that worked and now you want to change that? Im not trying to hate on the server Im just saying that if you found something that works so well for the sever why would you want to change that. I understand change is good but then you do a poll and let the server decide cause we cant rule out the players that might like this update. I understand their is more work thats going to be added to the update like things to protect you gear and all but i just feel its not necessary, the armour upgrading system is good how it is.

Kind regards
SumoFury

Jalau

Quote from: SumoFury on April 14, 2017, 04:10:45 PM
In my opinion the server was doing well the way it was you, guys found something that worked and now you want to change that? Im not trying to hate on the server Im just saying that if you found something that works so well for the sever why would you want to change that. I understand change is good but then you do a poll and let the server decide cause we cant rule out the players that might like this update. I understand their is more work thats going to be added to the update like things to protect you gear and all but i just feel its not necessary, the armour upgrading system is good how it is.

Kind regards
SumoFury

Players were upgrading every item easily just by being rich. We disliked this development somewhat.

SumoFury

Quote from: Jalau on April 14, 2017, 04:52:24 PM
Quote from: SumoFury on April 14, 2017, 04:10:45 PM

Kind regards
SumoFury

Players were upgrading every item easily just by being rich. We disliked this development somewhat.

Oh I see where you coming from but destroying an item you worked hard to get isn't the solution In my opinion.

Jalau

silversience

I understand your worries but keep in mind its optional to upgrade your items to the highest possible level if you dont want to take this risk just dont do it since it grants just a small stat bonus. This way a +9 item becomes much more valueable than it is now. In Addition to that we had the idea to add a special item which prevents the item from being destroyed while upgrading. And as Jalau said a higher smithlevel reduces the chance of destruction aswell. Thanks for your thoughts regarding this topic we will discuss this.

Hretha

why dont u guys make it +1 through +4 safe, +4 through +7 be able to degrade and +7 through +9 breaks them? could make something to prevent the item from breaking but loses the protection on the item and the resources used
Hoped that an assassin's jewel would pay for a healer's education.

DarkAgeJr

Everyone is replying to this thread, so I thought i'd reply. My vote is against this update, I don't want to spend a whole bunch of time getting a weapon and then it being destroyed just so that I can go farm another one. That's all I have to say. YOU WANT ME TO SAY MORE!?!?! TOO BAD!!!! Okay bye
Don't take the L, Let the L take you.