February 25, 2021, 05:30:31 pm

News:

Moving to a new server

Community Vote: Stat randomization

Started by Jalau, February 21, 2017, 09:15:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see such a feature? (Please comment your opinion in a reply too)

Yes
18 (85.7%)
No
3 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Jalau

In forum posts titled with Community Vote we want to know your thoughts and your opinion on a certain feature.

Item Randomization

The feature that I want you to discuss about is the randomization of item stats. What we had in mind was to randomize every stat on an item within a range of ~+-5% of the original stat. This would still allow us to balance items as before but it would allow players to have the same weapon twice with a small change of stats. Basicly each item stat on an item that is dropped or somehow spawned into the game (crafting maybe etc.? Would love to hear your opinion on this especially) is affected by a unique roll.

You could have the chance to have all stats on the item +5% which would make the item the strongest possible version. But you could also have -5%. However a mix would be much more likely. Basicly you could have a more dexterity heavy equipment piece or a more lifesteal heavy piece. Depending on the roll upon drop. We tought of this feature because we had a related system before but it was too hard to balance, too random and it didn't offered the possibility to stick to the basic idea of an item. For example a legendary magma wand will always have fire damage. In the previous system it was just a legendary wand that was randomly generated.
The core goal of reimplementing a similar system would be to allow players to hunt for the same gear over and over again to get a better or more fitting version of the item whilst still enjoying the hunt because each drop is exiting and unique. Furthermore there would be a wider range of items to check before simply purchasing a specific item.

The MysticRunes team would love to receive some feedback and if you vote in the poll provided please state your reason in a reply to this topic.

Sincerely,
Jalau

Daridon

Yes yes and YEEEESSSSSSS, this would make the game have more variety than before  ;)
Why are you seeing this? The post/reply is up!

ZeaZar

I like the idea alot. it can be interesting

Jalau

Thanks for the feedback. The ones that have voted no haven't wrote a reason yet so I won't take them into consideration that much.

Fleam

Yes, and i would argue that a greater % should be considered too. 5% seems too low, especially for lower level gear! maybe 7-10%? The percentage might also depend on the stat being altered, so you can fine tune and balance the game, for instance DMG might have the highest variability, where as life steal might have a lower % variability range (just made that up, no particular reason for picking those 2 stats)

Overall, a much needed addition, i look forward to it!

Jalau

Quote from: Fleam on February 24, 2017, 09:20:58 pm
Yes, and i would argue that a greater % should be considered too. 5% seems too low, especially for lower level gear! maybe 7-10%? The percentage might also depend on the stat being altered, so you can fine tune and balance the game, for instance DMG might have the highest variability, where as life steal might have a lower % variability range (just made that up, no particular reason for picking those 2 stats)

Overall, a much needed addition, i look forward to it!

The newest patch has added the basic version and we will do the fine tuning now.

treborx555

I'd love to! The reason i quit the server before was because i was searching for a server with randomized loot lol

I'd also add one or two random stats to all items, they'd still be unique but finding a specific one you want would be really hard.

You can make the random stats not a big power up, so players aren't too frustrated if they can't get perfect stats but min-maxers can have a field day trying to get the best one.